To download the full event brochure, CLICK HERE
Find out more about The Exhibition & Symposium...
Here's what happens:
1. You sign up for this event by calling or emailing Andrea Gottschalk at 215.746.5824 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and make a nominal donation of $10 to The Common Press for paper, ink, and supporting the creative respirator machine for fine letterpress printing in a digital age.
2. I fly down to Philadelphia with a sack full of wood type, which I will probably have to check (gah!).
3. You meet me at The Morgan Building (34th & Locust) on Saturday, October 16 at 1 pm.
4. You listen to me give a succinct and hopefully not terribly awkward talk on The History of Wood Type in America.
5. You receive some delicious reading material for at-home-consumption.
6. I walk you through setting wood type into a lockup, and then how to prepare, ink up, print with, and clean up a Vandercook Universal letterpress.
7. We pick random pieces of paper out of a bunch of little bags with instructions that dictate a free-form composition of wood type.
8. You go home with some CRAZY prints & ink stains under your fingernails that (don't worry) will come off in 3-4 days.
9. Your heart is full of sentimental typographic memories of our time together.